Thursday 27 November 2008

Lost a Bid


Today is another sad sad day in the office. Everyone in the office is very depressed and most of the managers and directors are all worried. We lost a bid for a framework contract.... T_T

The client is Camarthenshire County Council (CCC), and we have worked together for more than 5 years. Sadly, we've lost in the tender. Almost half of the work/jobs in our office comes from CCC, and we've lost it!!! We even opened up a new office in Camarthen so that we're more competitive, but we lost it.

You see the bunch of roads in the west of Britain. That's where Camarthen is.

Loosing in this bid means most of the staff in our office will be redundant. Probably some staffs will move to other offices while some unlucky ones will be sacked. The recent increase amount of work from the Highways Agency will probably absorb some staffs from our team.

Everyone in the office are all depressed and worried. Our colleagues in the new Camarthen office is getting a little paranoid and have been ringing us frequently. Oh dear....



So what if I got sacked??? I'm not too worried about that, because normally they would aim for managers first, simply because they have higher salaries. Although pawns like me are dispensable, I'm not worried. If I got sacked because of redundancy, the company will have to compensate... Hehe... So please... sack me.... And if I really get sacked, I'll just get back to Malaysia and start my life.... because I'm not really having a good time here...

3 comments:

  1. from yr blogs, I have learnt a lot of new words o...haha...and I understand.normally I read one article, I have to go through the dictionary.haha...why yr company will lost the bid?is it related to the economy in UK?U like malaysia so much o...good boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF reading my blog is good, then you should read more. :D I'm not good in writing to be honest, and I'm using this to practise a little. I find it easier and more comfortable talking to people in person. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If u are not my closest friend, i think u'll find it i'm the ppl who are quiet and don like to mix v others.coz...i treat every different friend with different feeling...haha...that's why i said sometimes i'm active but sometimes inactive...

    ReplyDelete

hit counting
dell inspiron 531 desktop