Wednesday 26 November 2008

Everything is Temporary

Working and living in a foreign country is very different from living at home. Everything around me seems to be temporary. For example, the room I am staying is temporary. The warm clothings I wear are more or less temporary (not gonna wear them in Malaysia).

I rent a room here in Cardiff. Everytime the rental contract expires, I look for better deals elsewhere, and I move out. This works both ways to me and my housemates. Even if I stay, my housemates may wanna move out and new housemates move in. Everything in the house is temporary, because I've been moving houses every year. Whenever people move houses, people throw away lots of stuff such as plates, foods etc. What a waste....

The saddest thing is even the people around is temporary. Not because of arguements, but because the friends around move around. People move around for many reasons such as graduation, job offer in another city, back to Malaysia, back to China etc... I guess, living in a foreign country gives you the opportunity to meet lots of people, but you sacrifice knowing them well.

This mindset of 'temporary' is really killing me from inside... Everything that I've done and will be doing in the UK, are all worthless.... Because everything around me is in a temporary state and the stuff that I've done here might not be transferable/suitable in Malaysia. I am getting less and less motivated at work. The only thing that I have permanently is CASH!!!! Yes, I am a slave of money, because there's just nowhere to spend your money here in Cardiff...!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm totally agree with you in this...
    it's kind of sad in this because when you get to know something or someone new... you are more or less ready to loose it sooner or later...
    a nice place to stay might be given away due to many other factors, a nice job for example.. a nice job might be given away because you get a better job, or a higher pay one or a better working environment etc... even relationships too because you have to move on.

    that's why there's this saying change is the only constant

    ReplyDelete

hit counting
dell inspiron 531 desktop