Friday 13 March 2009

Red Nose Day 2







Red Nose Day is just tomorrow. Don't know why they chose it to be Friday the 13th?? Probably because it's bad luck to me??? Hehe... As I mentioned before, Red Nose Day is a day where people do something funny for charity, for example, shave your head and collect money for charity.

Don't know why the brits here like doing charity so much. It's like a disease here. Probably because the Brits like following people around them. When people around them started doing charity, they then felt a little 'guilt' for not doing it. Whatever.....

I think in their minds, they probably think that they are like a mother to Africa or India (never Oriental countries). They'll try to provide, try to give them stuff, try to do charity... blah blah blah.... Never seen them giving me money for charity....



In their mind, they always think that charity is good, charity is cool, charity is fun, a pound from you can bring water to how many childrens.... and all those bullock.. If you ask the Brits, what do you see in the picture above?? Do you see someone doing charity and giving 6 person who're in need??? Well, I'll tell you what I see. I see someone taking money from 6 person easily and they are trying to get it back!!! Haha....

Over here, they have stuff called 'Corporate Responsibility' which means big companies have to do charity works. The picture below pretty much explains what it's meant to be. Make money, grow trees do charity and make more money and grow more trees.... Just like Wonderland.


In reality, the true colour of Corporate Responsibility is like the picture below.
What a joke!!!! The head of my business unit (very big cheese) don't even know that tomorrow is Red Nose Day. In fact, do you know how my company promotes itself doing charity works? They'll wait for it's staff to do something and just brand themselves when doing the charity work. For example, if I'm building a school in Malaysia, they'll ask me to wear the company T-shirt and take lots of photos of it. What the FUCK!!!
Another way of doing it, is by peer pressure. Few days ago, people have been passing on papers asking everyone to do charity for Red Nose Day. Of course I was reluctant and was hoping donating a few pence will do. Until I found out that everyone in the office donated at least 5 pounds. What if I've written there KEVIN YONG donated 5p. Haha... Would be a laughing stock!!! Haha....
Don't really fancy charities.... Unless the money is going back to Malaysia.

2 comments:

  1. Really??? Is it really that bad in the UK???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya. My company also asked us to do a lot of these kinda stuff..... but i never volunteer...

    ReplyDelete

hit counting
dell inspiron 531 desktop