Tuesday 24 March 2009

Hot Wheels

I was in the petrol station yesterday cause my mate said he needed petrol for his car. I was surprised to see someone filling up the gas tank on a wheelchair!!! Yes, she was filling up her van and she's on wheels...

I am impressed that she can do all of that all on her own. Think about this. She has to lift her wheelchair and put it on the ground. Climb to her wheel chair. Push herself so that she can fill up the tank. Slot in her payment card and also reach to take her receipt. After all the hard work, she's gonna have to climb back to her driving seat and lift her wheelchair back to her van. I know that wheelchairs are very heavy and also expensive.
This makes me think of what I'm going to do if I am in a wheelchair. Well, if I'm gonna be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, I want that wheelchair to be special. As an engineer, I often like to modify stuff to make things better. So, I guess this is what my wheelchair will look like....
It's gonna make me feel like Robocop.... Instead of running it on wheels, I'm gonna have it running on tracks. So I can squash things on my way and not worry of any terrain. Another good thing, is that you can actually have the same height as a normal person standing. So when you're talking to people, people don't have to look down on you. Always stare at people's eye when you're talking to them. So next time, when you speak to someone on wheels, remember to squat down and speak to them.
But if you guys ever seen anyone with a wheelchair like the one below, make sure you don't give him/her money. Cause they're all conman.... Haha.... It's a tricycle...



No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counting
dell inspiron 531 desktop