Saturday 28 February 2009

Red Nose Day


Red Nose Day is around the corner (13th March), which is the Friday in 2 weeks time. So what is this so called Red Nose Day???? It's a day where Comic Relief uses to raise money to do charity. This day is not something traditional, in fact it was first celebrated in 1985. It's celebrated every 2 years, hence you don't get to celebrate it every year.

So how do you celebrate it??? Simple, you celebrate it by doing something funny and request people to donate money. Simple. For example, wear a red nose and walk around the street. HAHA!! Just how funny and weird would that be. HAHA!!

After people had a good laugh at you, you can now collect money from them and say the money will go to Comic Relief. And you then started saying that your money will go to some place in Africa for some school, water scheme or hospital or food, etc.

One thing I don't understand about British. Why do they always help countries in Africa??? Is Africa really that poor after all these years??? I'm sure a lot have change in Africa and I'm sure there are other places in the world that need charity funds like China, India and Eastern Europe. In fact, I'm starting to think that the British government only do charity works to countries with rich resources and poor goverment.

Bear in mind that the British goverment didn't do much charity works during China's natural disaster or the tsunami in South East Asia. I'm sure there's a reason behind it. Perhaps it is Africa's oil??

Anyway, I don't do donation here in UK simply because I don't trust them. I'd rather donate my money to my countrymen in Malaysia than to others that I don't trust.










No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counting
dell inspiron 531 desktop