Friday 24 October 2008

Staying in late in the office

Today is one of the days that I stayed back in the office for work. Too bad there's no OT pay. There's so little stuff to do, but all the projects are tight scheduled. Bloody hate small projects.... Tight schedules and short notices which requires quick response.

Most of my colleagues (British) don't stay back and just leave around 5.30pm, just like the Malays... I've asked them why not stay back a little longer just to get the things done?? They replied, "I'm not working for free, so what's the point of staying back. We can always carry on the next day." Yup, they are just as lazy as the Malays are... Haha...

I think working late in the office is the same in Malaysia. Cause I won't be paid overtime anyway. The funny thing is, we are encouraged or sometimes forced to book 'Unpaid Overtime'. So what is this 'Unpaid Overtime'?? Basically, we work for free for the company, and the company will try and charge the client for the amount of hours we've worked. Haha.... And yet, some of my colleagues seem alright booking to this 'Unpaid Overtime'.


So when do we get to book 'Paid Overtime'?? We only get to book them if we're forced to work at night 'on site', typically night time inspection or railway inspection on a weekend. Sounds good? Well, managers and directors try to avoid and most of the time forbid ppl from doing so, including forcing us or cheating us... Sigh...



So, why work extra and stay in the office... I'm not gonna get paid... I don't care about professional conduct, and all I care about is money in my pocket... Hehe...



No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counting
dell inspiron 531 desktop